When it comes to searching for a home online, women and men take very different approaches. According to a new survey by Obeo, a provider of online residential real estate marketing products, women spend more time searching online, view more homes, and prefer features such as photos and 360-degree tours to help them in their search. The findings:
• 41 percent of women and 25 percent of men began their home search online;
• Men were more likely to contact a real estate agent (28.5 percent) to initiate their home search than go online (25 percent).
• 52.6 percent of women and 45 percent of men searched 21 or more homes online.
• When purchasing a home, price was the most important factor to consider for both women and men, but 13.2 percent of men said their first priority was the size of the home, compared to only 4.4 percent of women; and
• 94 percent of women said photos would be helpful when searching for a home, and 70 percent said 360-degree panoramas would be helpful.