Lofts are in high demand in Boston and with hundreds of properties claiming to have loft qualities, it’s hard to know which are authentic and which are just trying to fit in. I’ve assessed hundreds of lofts and I believe I’ve found the top seven lofts in Boston for under $1M dollars. So hold on to your pocket books and get ready for a value packed list of amazing open spaces you can soon call home. To keep with the lofty, open feel, I narrowed my search down to lofts that span 1,000 square feet or more. I’m going to list the lofts from the least expensive, up to the most expensive. So no matter where your budget is, you can find the right space without straining your finances. Here we go!
1. 1391-F Hyde Park Ave, Hyde Park : $249,000- 2,050 square feet of raw loft space. This unit was developed by a prolific metal sculptor. The unit features industrial grade mezzanines, metal landed staircases, velux skylights and radiant heating. The unit comes with one garage space. These spaces are an incredible value, with very close attention to the industrial detailing.
2. 336 Saratoga St, East Boston: $300,000- 1,579 square feet of tri-plex loft space. With 18-ft ceilings, exposed brick, skylights and an expansive open kitchen/living space, this loft recreates the open loft concept into a much softer feel with traditional railings lining the staircase, light hardwood flooring and two separate sleeping quarters. The Master suite has a walk-in closet and private bath. Perfect for the person that likes to keep the feel much softer, but enjoys the open loft concept.
3.83-85 Brookside Ave, Jamaica Plain: $499,000- This expansive 1,924 square foot loft pulls in a contemporary twist with sharp modern edges, white washed walls against the striking hardwood floors, 18-ft ceilings with floor to ceiling windows bringing in an abundance of light. This property also offers tastefully renovated kitchen and baths, exclusive roof rights and one off-street parking space.
4. 289 Devonshire St – Unit PH 5, Financial District: $725,000- This 1,564 square foot hidden gem can be found smack dab in the heart of the Financial District. A rare find amongst the soaring skyscrapers, office space and swarms of dark suited business men . The high ceilings, funky track lighting and hardwood flooring makes this space the perfect midtown loft.
5. 9 W Broadway, Seaport District: $735,000- This 1,454 square foot southwest facing, corner loft offers dramatic views of the Back Bay skyline. 10 oversized windows line the expansive living/dining space. The loft has two private sleeping quarters with two full baths. One of the baths is built out of the old smoke stack. Very cool! This property comes with a garage parking space and has building amenities such as; gym, swimming pool, courtyard, lounge, concierge and security. Hotel amenities, without the hotel, cookie-cutter feel.
6. 26 Stillman Street, North End: $839,000- 1,336 square foot lofts are a rarity in the North End. This spectacular property features the exposed brick and beam work, with a modern twist of hardwood flooring, high-end stainless steel kitchen appliances, chic cabinetry and beautifully renovated baths. The property has dramatic Downtown views out of its thirteen windows lining the generous living/dining space. Their is a common roof deck as well with fantastic city views.
7. 35 Channel Center Street, Seaport: $899,000- 1,914 square feet of gorgeous raw loft space designed by a Boston architect. A raised platform divides the dining/living space. The custom storage tastefully separates the living from the sleeping and study quarters. The entire unit was renovated with high end classic finishes. The unit comes with a deeded parking space.
Seven of the most beautiful and unique lofts spaces in the city are just waiting for the right Buyers. If you’d like more information on these properties, please feel free to contact me.